Every year students and staff at ISL demonstrate their amazing musical and dramatic talents on stage at the ISL Community Charity Concert. This year the concert promises to be bigger and better than ever. Every ticket sold goes directly to our ISL Common Charity Fund, supporting the charities listed below. The concert is on Thursday 2nd March starting at 18.00. Tickets are on sale in the foyer of the Upper School and at the entrance desk of the Lower School. We welcome your support in celebrating with us and making a positive difference for others.
This year the ISL Charity Common Fund is helping to sustain the work of:
- Friends of the Philippines, supporting school-building repairs and school equipment
- Blue Dragon Children’s foundation, supporting street children in Vietnam
- Handichien, raising money for guide dogs for the handicapped in Luxembourg
- ‘Smiles’ in Nepal, focused on grass roots village development projects
- Kenako, supporting an orphanage in Cape Town for HIV positive children
- Turkey school project, supporting resources for the Orhaniye School
- Fondation Stamm, supporting multiple development projects in Burundi
- UNICEF, supporting global relief work under the auspices of the United Nations
- Global Issues group, supporting the local charity Femmes en Détresse in Luxembourg
- Emergency funds for Médecins Sans Frontières and Red Cross in responding to humanitarian crises as a result of natural disasters or human conflict
Just a reminder that the Council of International Schools (CIS) Survey link will be sent out after the Carnival break as part of our Accreditation process. We hope that as many members of the community will complete the Survey as possible. The link will remain open for two weeks. CIS offers the survey in several languages which will be available to the Community. We hope that parents, students, staff and alumni will take part in the Survey.
With best wishes for a restful break next week and safe travels.