From Maribeth Byrne, Upper School Higher Education & Careers Counsellor
In Grade 10 the Higher Education Office begins working with students on interest and career exploration through the FutureWise programme. Students are reminded that they have access to loads of current information related not only to their unique personality style and aptitudes and how they might be related to specific careers, but also they have the ability to explore any university program or career they are considering.
The information contains brief descriptions of the job expectations, job outlook, and other related jobs. All students in Grades 10 & 11 have access to this information (and so much more) until the age of 23. They simply login to: www.myfuturewiseprofile.org.uk and enter their school email and unique password which is given to them in their FutureWise packet.
In Grade 11 students are encouraged to continue exploring options, meet with the advisors in the Higher Ed Dept with any questions related to their IB courses, searching for suitable degree programs or universities and testing requirements. Families should be arranging visits to universities.
In Grade 12 students will be completing the ISL High School and IB course requirements, submitting university applications, exploring Gap Year options or preparing for military duty.
Throughout the school year all students in Grades 9-12 (and parents) are invited to attend the University information sessions.
This year we have been fortunate to have had 17 universities visit from eight countries!
- Webster University, The Netherlands
- Boston University, USA
- United Business Institutes, Luxembourg
- The New College of Humanities, UK
- University of British Columbia, Canada
- Maastricht University, The Netherlands
- IE University, Spain
- Tufts University, USA
- The American University of Rome, Italy
- IESEG School of Management, France
- Delft Technical University, The Netherlands
- Hotel School the Hague, The Netherlands
- Hult International Business School, UK
- University of Colorado, Boulder, USA
- University of Iowa, USA
- University of Missouri, USA
- Northeastern University, USA
ISL students who have been accepted to Northeastern University with a visiting representative of the university.