Submitted by Phil Harvey
On March 19, our Grade 9 students enjoyed Three Career Stories in their Advisory period, as part of their ongoing Careers education programme at ISL. This was an opportunity for them to engage with the real life experiences of speakers representing different job categories.
Seven speakers were invited and students opted to attend seminars conducted by three of them. The students showed great curiosity and posed some excellent questions. Student feedback has been very positive. The students attending the dog trainer's session were able to try a hands-on techniques.
Our thanks to the following volunteer career speakers for their generosity of time:
- Mikis Bastian, Biologist and environmental advisor for Natur Umwelt, Luxembourg
- Mahon Slattery, Managing Director of TerraIntegra, an alternative energy company
- JKB Fletcher, Visual Artist
- Graeme Keay, International lawyer and legal consultant specialising in taxation, investment climate and government reform.
- Magali Paulus, Environmental activist (Greenpeace)
- Valter Mavric, Director of Translation Services, European Parliament
- Carine Woltz, Animal (dog) Trainer