The quality and rigour of CIS International Accreditation is recognized by Ministries and Departments of Education and by independent national associations responsible for the evaluation of schools and universities around the world.
Why get accredited?
- The final award of CIS accreditation shows that the school has achieved high standards of professional performance in international education and has a commitment to continuous improvement. In particular, the award of accreditation shows that the school:
- is devoted to its mission and vision for students
- has thought deeply about the services it offers to students, family and community.
- invests the time and resources for validation from a globally-recognized accreditation authority
- focuses on the quality of teaching, student learning, as well as student safeguarding and well-being
- is committed to the development of the students’ global citizenship
- has a suitable philosophy of education suitable for its students promises only what it can deliver
- is open to regular evaluation by its own school community and peer evaluators
- constantly seeks improvement in all areas of the school plans strategically for the future.
In March 2018, ISL Five Year Team Visit took place. The CIS Evaluation Team Report included the following statements about ISL.
- ‘This is a school with a high alignment to CIS’ four key drivers – global citizenship, student learning, student wellbeing and the school’s purpose and direction’
- ‘ISL has a culture of openness, fairness, trust and mutual respect. It has policies, procedures and practices that clearly state, reflect or stress the values of a friendly, family atmosphere that nurtures student needs in an international environment’
- ‘The overall school culture is highly positive and constructive’
- ‘ISL is a pioneer in the region for internal professional development opportunities’
- ‘ISL has world class facilities which have allowed the school to offer an impressive array of learning opportunities for its students and staff to carry out the aims of its mission’
- ‘The curriculum is highly appropriate for the students enrolled’
For additional information on our accrediting bodies, please refer to the Council of International Schools and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The International Baccalaureate Organisation
ISL is an IBO World School and has offered the IB Diploma Programme since 1995.
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education
ISL has been a testing centre for select IGCSE exams for a number of years and began offering the full IGCSE programme in August 2011.