The ISL Timeline

The International School of Luxembourg is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year and we are very proud of how our school has grown from its humble beginnings around a dining room table in Strassen to a full-fledged international school with over 1200 students and more than 200 staff members on a modern campus in Merl.


Winter 1962: Mrs.Batten started the school in her dining room at 15, rue de la Vallée in Strassen.


Spring 1963, the students moved into the elementary school in Cessange


In September, the Dupont School moved into its official home in the ‘Servais House’ the building on the corner of Ave Marie Therese and Bd Joseph II.


September 1969, the school moved into the building located at rue Aloyse Kayser in Belair, it became known as the English Speaking School.


September 1972, the school moved to the Geesseknaeppchen Campus, into the Lycee Michel Rodange (we shared it with Luxembourg lycée). This is also when the school became a non profit association and changed name to the American School of Luxembourg.


School year 1977/1978 - move to 188, Avenue de la Faiencerie.


School year 1982/1983 - name changed to AISL:- American International School Luxembourg.


School Year 1999-2000 - name change to ISL:- International School of Luxembourg.


September 2000 - move to Geesseknaeppchen Campus to our current facility.


November 2007 - Hillside building inaugurated.


November 2010 - new extension to our current building was inaugurated.


New Lower School open its doors.

Copyright © The International School of Luxembourg a.s.b.l.
36 Boulevard Pierre Dupong, L-1430 Luxembourg
Contact: Lower School (+352) 26 04 4300  |  Upper School: (+352) 26 04 40  |  F: (+352) 26 04 47 04

email page print page small type large type
powered by finalsite