Working at ISL
The International School of Luxembourg's mission is to provide an outstanding education in a safe and caring international environment, inspiring all our students to reach their true potential and to act as responsible participants in a global society.
We are fortunate to employ outstanding teachers, support staff and administrators, and to have a very low staff turnover. With over 260 professionals from 32 different countries, our staff cultivates an international learning environment that prepares students to make their contribution in an increasingly global society.
We seek professionals with the following qualities:
- Commitment to excellence in education
- Dedication to students
- Ongoing interest in personal and professional growth
- A sense of social responsibility and global citizenship
- Current teaching certification or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (most teachers have Master's Degrees)
- Fluency in English (equivalent to mother tongue) and preferably at least one other language
- Familiarity with technology supported learning
- At least two years of teaching experience
Our expectations are as high for our staff as they are for our students. In return we offer leadership, inspiration and support from a caring, involved group of administrators and colleagues.
We employ both EU and non-EU personnel. We support and follow all applications for work permits, residency visas and other official paperwork necessary to enable non-EU citizens to live and work in Luxembourg.
We strongly prefer candidates who have previous international experience. To secure such staff members we rely heavily upon the support of several international placement organisations. A representative from the school usually attends the recruitment fairs organised by these services in both North America and Europe.
For information about these particular opportunities, please contact:
All of our current open vacancies are posted on the vacancies’ section.
In order for your application to be taken into consideration, for any position including substitute / replacement work, you need to complete an online application which is available on the vacancies’ page.
When you use the online application, you will receive updates on the status of your application through this system.
Some serious statistics:
- Total number of staff = 263
- Number of staff nationalities = 32
- Average years of service at ISL = 8 years
- Number of teachers with MA's = 110 out of 183 total, or 60%
- Ratio of female to male staff = 2:1
- Ratio of students to teachers = 7.86:1
- Ratio of students to whole staff = 5.28:1
Some fun statistics:
- Aggregate number of current years of service at ISL = 1,948 years
- Total number of degrees and certificates held = 645
- Aggregate number of schools taught/worked at = 750
- Longest working member of staff = Gilbert Hastert (39 years)