FAQ: Application Procedures
We encourage you to read each of the following frequently asked questions in order to best understand the admissions process.
We encourage families to fill out our Online Enquiry and Application Form at their earliest convenience within one year of their intended enrolment date.
Many of our other Required Application Documents are time sensitive. We therefore ask that these documents be sent to us in accordance with our Admissions Application Timeline.
- Completion of our Online Enquiry and Application Form.
- Completion and submission of our age-specific Required Application Documents. All School Recommendations and Records must be accompanied by an English translation if not originally written in English
- Administrator’s Recommendation Form to be mailed directly from child’s school.
- Teacher Recommendation Form(s) to be mailed directly from child’s school.
- Copies of most recent School Reports (three years, when possible).
- Parent completed Health History Form.
- Hand-written writing sample (for applicants age 6+).
- Parent Questionnaire (Preschool - Grade 6).
- Submission of a copy of the applicant’s identification page of passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of payment of a non-refundable, €300 Application Fee. View details.
- An Applicant Interview and Family Meeting with the Head of Admissions.
- ISL Testing for applicants to Grades 6-12 and all non-native English speaking applicants.
Admissions decisions cannot take place until the entire application process (paperwork, interviews and placement testing) has been completed.
Grades K1-11: Guidelines pertaining to a child’s age and his or her appropriate ISL grade placement can be found here. Exceptions to these guidelines are only made on rare occasions and are considered on an individual basis.
Grade 12: Due to the continuous nature of our two year International Baccalaureate (IB) programme, we are unable to accept students who are new to the IB and interested in enroling in Grade 12. Any applicant for Grade 12 who is currently enroled in an IB programme at another school should contact our Admissions Office to discuss the possibility of a transfer to ISL.
Families who have decided to apply to ISL may schedule a tour on the same day as their interview and child's testing. These appointments can be made once we have received the completed Online Enquiry and Application Form and Required Application Documents.
Families applying for entry beginning with the January semester will be notified no later than November 15 and families applying for the new school year starting in August will be notified from April 01.
We aim to share admissions decisions for families applying for mid-semester and immediate entry within 7-10 school days after they have completed the application process.
View our Admissions Application Timeline.
The enrolment of accepted applicants is secured through the payment of a Registration and Capital Fee of €3000 to be made within one week of the date of acceptance.
This is a one-time only payment that is separate from tuition fees. Accepted applicants will receive an invoice for the Registration and Capital Fee.
View further information regarding tuition and fee payment.
- The School exists primarily to meet the needs of international, expatriate children who require an English-speaking education and for whom, due to lack of local language acquisition, other schools may not be a viable option.
- The School also recognises the benefits of including students from the permanent, local community and seeks to enrol these students whenever possible.
- A student’s ability to profit from the School’s academic programme is the prime criterion when making admissions decisions.
- A student’s social, emotional and educational needs are at the centre of every decision made and admission may be denied if the school is not in a position to address any such specific needs.
- Applications are encouraged irrespective of a child or family member's race, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or religion.
- The principles of clarity, consistency and transparency are upheld in all admissions procedures.
- All admissions decisions are made on the basis of input from committees comprised of school administration, faculty and/or professional staff in accordance with a clearly communicated admissions timeline.
- All offers of enrolment and terms of financial commitments are based on an agreed upon entry date.
- When space is unavailable at a particular grade level, the Admissions Office shall employ waiting pool procedures.
- When space is limited, families who have applied for an entry date that is greater than two months in the future may be accepted and placed in a waiting pool.
- There is an annual re-enrolment process for students who continue to meet the school’s admissions criteria.
- The Board of Governors sets enrolment and tuition fees annually.
- The School offers a limited number of academic, means-tested scholarships, subject to availability.
- In all matters regarding admission, the Director’s decision is final.
To view our Admissions Regulations, please click here